Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The black hole that is "general biology"

For the past two semesters, I've spent five hours each week in my "General Biology" class. That's three hours in lecture and two hours in the lab every seven days. Today, we had a test in lecture on connective tissue and the Hardy-Weinburg equilibrium and lots of other stuff I never really needed to know, and in lab, we dissected a fetal pig. There's just a few weeks left before all of this is finally over, and my science core requirement for the Iona College Honors program is mercifully complete. With the light at the end of the tunnel right within reach, it seems like an odd time to dwell upon the profound waste of time, energy, and resources that my education in Bio has been. But just for a minute, in the privacy of my very own awesome blog, allow me to dwell. (Dwellingdwellingdwellingdwellingdwellingdwellingdwellingggggggggggggg). There we go. Now I feel better. Thumbs down for unnecessary required courses.

No comments: