Thursday, April 2, 2009

Vol. 80, No. 5

A few random thoughts on the new issue...

-Really enjoyed Jamie's lead story on Metro-North fare hikes. Which I don't enjoy, by the way. Boo. But it was a good idea to cover that on Jamie's part; it's definitely going to affect people.

-Also a big fan of the latest "Jamie Burns is Burning," although the premise - that Jamie might delete her Facebook profile upon graduation - disturbs me. Can't happen. How would I stalk her then?

-Thought the A&E profile on Alex Bishop was cool. Always interesting to learn about Iona students doing their thing.

-Opposite feelings about my article on the new statue on page 2. I screwed that one up and easily could have added a few different things to that space instead of stretching out what I came up with.

-The top, right teaser on the front page says baseball is covered on page 14; it's actually on the back page (page 16). I'm responsible for those teasers. These things keep me up at night!

-Third and last really self-centered observation: I think I might've been on crack when I wrote my side of the "Issue of the Issue" debate. Or I might as well have been. I wonder if any Yankees fans will read it and actually be offended.

-Nice looking layout in Sports.

-Nice first column from Dan. And a fantastic column name, as well: "Pino's Pulpit." I really enjoy Ionian column names. My all-time favorite? Hugo's "Best O' Crespo." My all-time favorite that never happened? "McIntyre's McNuggets of Wisdom," followed by "The K-Mac Attack." Kathy wasn't a big fan of either, so we ended up with "McIntyre's Motions" instead. Which isn't bad, but vastly inferior.

...Your thoughts?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like K-Mac attack!

Unknown said...

PS: Pino's Pulpit= AWESOME

And what are your thoughts on the article highlighting my roomie? :)

David Tramontozzi said...

I enjoyed that article thoroughly, as well. But my main thoughts, as I've shared with you (and Flo as well) are that she should really have us do an Obama-style call-and-answer sometime during her speech. As in, "Can we fight the good fight?" "YES! WE! CAN!" How enjoyable would that be?

Unknown said...

haha
flo the builder, can she fix it? YES SHE CAN! haha

Flo said...

Wow, I love that I am new at this and yet I found my name! All a random mistake. And I'm even more wowed that Bridgette is on this! WOW. She does not miss a thing!

Oh and YES WE CAN!!!