Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Rudolph revisited

First of all... Yes, I did take the time to paste a Santa hat on the picture to the right - in "Paint," no less. You're welcome. Now...

Forget the condescending "all-his-songs-sound-the-same" h8ers. Jack Johnson (new album, "Sleep Through the Static," coming out in February... Oh boy!) is, in fact, The Man. For proof to that end, check out the lyrics to his cover of "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" from a few years back. His original additions to the traditional song are in italics at the end:

Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer,
Had a very shiny nose.
And if you ever saw it,
You might even say it glows.
All of the other reindeer,
Used to laugh and call him names.
They never let poor Rudolph,
Join in any reindeer games.
Then one foggy Christmas Eve,
Santa, he came to say,
"Rudolph, with your nose so bright,
Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"
Then how the reindeers loved him,
As they shouted out with glee,
"Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer,
You'll go down in history!"
But Rudolph, he didn't go for that.
He said, "I see through your silly games."
How could you look me in the face,
When only yesterday you called me names?
Well, all of the other reindeers man,
Well they sure did feel ashamed.
"Rudolph, you know we're sorry.
We're truly gonna try to change."


Good stuff, right? You can listen to the track on YouTube here, posted - I think - by a German-speaker. That looks like German to me, anyways, I dunno.

Merry Christmas, everyone/anyone who reads this!

No comments: